Wednesday 9 March 2011

The first week's recap

After a slow start and a single day full of posts and coments, here are my thoughts about our first week in this new collaborative environment.
It seems that blogging is new for most of us, as we all encoutered some type of difficulty (at least I did!) on what to blog, how, where and the slow start showed us that this is a tool that we need to get used to and incorporate in our daily routine. On the other hand, it seemed a lot of fun to read what is our collegues' mind, coment it and hear the tips that Alberto took the care of writing in each post.
As per the blog as a tool itself, I think it is a very powerfull way to share our thoughts, experiences and knowledge to the outside comunity and between ouselves creating a synergy around the social business and this master. On this first step, it can became a strong database and source for us if we all comit on keeping it going and, most of all, create debate on the subjects posted. On the second step, this blog will also represent our voice to the world.
Other than the blog, Google Docs seems quite good for the co-production of documents and texts that can be later on added to the blog. One way I suggest to keep the interaction between this two platforms could be posting a teaser every week that could lead into the creation of a document in Google Docs where we all give our contribution. After a week we can post the article in the blog and lauch the next teaser.
We also have a big challenge which is learn to use Moodle, the other tool that is already available for us and has its advantages regarding the educational environment. My concerns are that we end up overlaping these platforms becoming redundant, or that we fail to create a unified collaborative system across all disciplines of this master.
I gave everybody administrator superpowers and I took the initiative of creating two pages - 'About Social Business' where we can find its decription given by Yunus and 'About this Blog' where so far there is just a citation from Ghandi that express (I hope!) our mindset as students of this master. I invite you to create together a text (in google Docs!) that we can put in there.


"I really don't think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don't mind the failure but I can't imagine that I'd forgive myself if I didn't try." - Nikki Giovanni

No comments:

Post a Comment